DWELLING IN PAST IS RUINING YOUR FUTURE

HEY GUYS, WHATUUUUUUP.........
How are you? I am writing this piece after a gap of a week, sorry for that. Will try to be responsible from next time.

Run the chopper pilot, coz team hustlers is ready to roll.
Last week. I came to my hostel and thought about my school life and thinking that I do not know this person.

From there I went spiraling down to my school, where I used to be quite a famous kid, I scored good marks in every subject, u know kind of a jack of all trades(NOT TRYING TO SHOW OFF). And from there to here in college, I have turned into a lazy ass man with a thick beard. I was feeling down and how my life is useless and other worthless thoughts, but after a few days of droopiness and joylessness, I learned something and that is what I want to share with you and hence the topic dwelling in past is ruining your future.

First and foremost I want to tell you that dwelling in the past is not a bad thing but living in it is.
What I mean to say is dwell as much as you can about your past and how magnanimous it was but do not stay in it. Let me explain you with an example, when you eat chewing gum, after a certain time it's taste becomes bitter and you have to spit it eventually. That is what the essence of life is. If you keep chewing your past, what will happen is the taste of life will deteriorate hence leaving you to face to consequences of a bitter life. And you don't want that right.

According to me, thinking about the past makes you weak, you start comparing yourself with others leading you to feel lonely and at a certain level, it stops to depression. Altogether you feel as useless as man's nipples. This wrecks havoc on your present and destroys your future. Mahendra Singh Dhoni world's greatest finishers in cricket does not think about the dot ball he faced or the runs he scored in the last match, what he thinks is how many runs are needed and the balls remaining. That is why he is called captain cool. He does not do anything different only thing he does is stays in the present.
What I want you people to know is that if you stay in past the present will walk upon you and the future will laugh on you that's it.
There are a few ways to make yourself to stop living in the past.

  • Express yourself.

Don’t hesitate to get the pain you’re feeling off your chest. Whether it’s talking to the individual who has harmed you (or who you harmed), venting to a friend or writing it down, expressing your feelings can assist you in sorting out what, if anything needs to be done to move on.
  •  Stop complaining and pointing fingers.

Playing the role of the victim is easy and sometimes feels pretty good, especially compared with accepting the truth. The problem is, blaming others prevents you from going forward. Most often, pointing fingers is just complaining.
  •  Go disconnect for a while.

Allow yourself to take some time away so that you can clear your head. You don't have to go backpacking through Europe. Just remove yourself from the situation by distancing yourself from the people, places, and things that remind you of the past.
  • Forgive people who wronged you -- including yourself.

No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Instead of kicking yourself for your past mistakes, cut yourself some slack and focus on the lessons that you’ve learned.
Once you’re not carrying that anger and resentment, you’ll be able to move on.
  • Make memories that make you happy

Finally, start making new, positive memories to replace those negative memories from the past. Spend your time with the people who make you happy, the things that bring you joy and in the places that bring you peace.


Image result for quotes on not dwelling in the past

Finally, I would like to end by saying that it's just one life, make it colorful so that when somebody reads your autobiography one-day people should remember how you lived.

BE A LEGEND.


Signing off
The dreamer

 







 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The different aspects of life from my perspective

Top 10 Quotes on " Life and it's Meaning "

How to have 0 regrets in life